Due to further expansion and internal promotion, we are looking for a reliable Warehouse Operative with a keen eye for detail to join our successful team in Wakefield. This is a great opportunity for someone who would like a role that offers progression and growth to the right candidate.
Auto Electrical Supplies Limited (AES) is a very successful growing business established in 1996 we specialise in the supply of electrical automotive conduit, hinged connectors / interfaces that protect critical electrical and electronic wiring cabling assemblies used primarily in the automotive industry and we are the number one global distributor and exporter of Harnessflex conduit solutions- this is our core business. We also sell, distribute and source a range of aftermarket automotive products and associated accessories to suit customer specific specifications. AES exports to over 37 countries, have an office in Illinois, USA and due to open a new facility in India later this year, so it is very exciting times at AES.
As Warehouse Operative you will support the warehouse team with a full range of tasks, including receiving, storing, picking, handling, checking and dispatching customer orders within the agreed timeframes, packaged to a high standard ensuring goods are ready to dispatch/ export.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
As Warehouse Operative, you will be responsible for:
- Safely unpacking and receiving incoming deliveries and checking off paperwork (FLT maybe used – training given as required)
- Checking Good inwards and reporting any damages/incomplete orders
- Accurately picking and processing customer orders from part numbers/ descriptions from an order sheet
- Prioritising orders by customer deadlines / order date
- Locating and replenishing products within the relevant location/bin
- Checking picked quantities manually and electronically
- Reporting missing or low stock items if goods are required to be ordered
- Any product quality issues identified to be reported and isolated as per the Control of Non-Conforming Product procedure
- Goods will be labelled, boxed or packaged as required with the relevant paperwork and checked off for accuracy.
- Inputting completed orders onto the computerised courier program to book a collection if required, or placed in the dispatch area for delivery
- Perform annual Stock Checks and record results accurately
- Provide Trade Counter cover as required
- Completing dispatch/ export paperwork
As a Warehouse Operative you will be a self-starting, enthusiastic team player who:
* High levels of accuracy and a keen eye for detail in order to read very similar part numbers
* Is able to lift, bend and move for long periods
* Is able to work on their own initiative with minimum supervision
* Able to multitask and work calmly under pressure
* Excellent literacy & numeracy skills
* A confident person and a good communicator
* Have a desire to go the extra mile for customers and possess a desire to develop within a growing business.
If you think you’ve got the skillset for this role, we would love to hear from you!
Salary & Hours
This is a permanent position, you will receive a starting salary of circa £11 per hour (depending on experience) and you will work 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Thurs and 8.30am-4.30pm Fri with 1 hour lunch break.
The role will be subject to a successful probation period.
Onsite free car parking available.
Corporate Workwear provided
How to Apply
Applications for the role of Warehouse Operative will only be considered if we are provided with a full CV detailing your recent work experience with dates of employment and ensure your contact numbers and address details are on your CV.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK and only suitable applicants will be contacted and incomplete CVs will not be considered.
Please submit your CV to [email protected]
Closing Date Friday 7th July 2023
We look forward to hearing from you!